The Vassar Club of New York provides social programming, professional networking and lifelong connections for alumnae/i living and working in New York City. We offer a number of signature programs throughout the year, attracting alumnae/i of all classes. These include:
- The Fall Fête: An elegant autumn evening with your fellow Vassar graduates, featuring a selection of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, live music, and more. The Fête is a chance to meet Vassar alumnae/i, faculty, administrators and current students and see what the New York community has to offer.
- Career Mentoring Day: Senior Vassar alumnae/i working in various industries set aside a day each spring for mentoring sessions with fellow graduates. These consultations range from resume review to broader career counseling. The Career Mentoring Day also includes skills development programs and information about Vassar’s career development resources. Current Vassar seniors are welcome to attend and learn about life after Vassar.
- Career Networking Panels: Each year, the Club organizes 3-4 panel discussions with distinguished Vassar graduates on hot topics in various industries. We have recently hosted panels on intellectual property licensing, children’s publishing, the New York real estate market, and digital media. The panel discussions are followed by networking receptions, and invariably attract graduates of all class years. Current Vassar seniors are also invited.
- The Annual Meeting: An evening each May featuring a lecture from a distinguished Vassar graduate or Vassar faculty member over drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
- Monthly Meet-Ups (“Schmoozes”): Each month, the Club hosts an informal “Schmooze” in a different bar around the five boroughs. Complete with drink and food specials, the goal is to ensure that there is vibrant Vassar activity in all of New York’s many neighborhoods.
- Admissions Interviews and Presentations: Each year, we interview hundreds of prospective Vassar students for possible admission to the College. We also attend college fairs at various high schools, working with the Office of Admissions to ensure that students and families in the five boroughs know what Vassar has to offer.
Beyond these core signature programs, our annual calendar varies each year with new ideas from members of our Programming Committee. For example, the Club has organized historic walking tours, excursions to baseball games, and volunteering events. Have an idea for a future event or want to get involved? Contact the Programming Committee.